American Goulash is a simple old-fashioned comforting meal that’s perfect for the cold winter months. Everything cooks within the same pot, even the pasta!
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon beef base or bouillon
- 2 15 ounce cans tomato sauce
- 2 15 ounce cans diced tomatoes (one petite diced)
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Seasoned salt
- 2 tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups elbow macaroni noodles uncooked
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Fresh Italian parsley chopped
- Brown hamburger during a large stock pot. Remove from pan and drain. Leave about 1-2 tablespoons grease in pan. Add the diced onion and cook for about 5 minutes over medium heat until tender. Add the garlic and cook another minute.
- Return hamburger to pot along side the water, beef base, cans of tomatoes and sauce, soy sauce, bay leaves, flavorer , Italian seasoning, paprika, and black pepper. Stir together, bring back a boil, cover, reduce to low and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir within the noodles, cover, and simmer 15-20 minutes or until hard . Stir occasionally to stop noodles from sticking to rock bottom .
- Just before serving, stir within the cheese. Serve garnished with fresh parsley.