Have you ever tried American Goulash? It’s personally one of my absolute favorite meals to prepare!
I must confess, that I have a deep affection for pasta in all its glorious shapes and forms, and this recipe is destined to become a beloved classic in your household as well!
The flavor is truly remarkable, and no pun intended! Not only is it incredibly delicious, but it’s also a breeze to whip up. Pair it with cornbread or biscuits, and you’re in for a real treat!
And guess what? It gets even better—it’s straightforward to make! You won’t have to spend excessive time in the kitchen to create this delightful meal for your family. Enjoy it as it is or sprinkle some cheese on top, just like I do with my bowl! If your family adores cheese as much as mine does, serving the old-fashioned goulash with shredded Parmesan will take it to the next level.
This dish is perfect for dinner, and it’s also an excellent option when you’re feeding a crowd. It’s an ultra-simple one-pot, stovetop dinner featuring seasoned meat, tomatoes, and noodles. It never fails to hit the spot and leaves everyone satisfied.
2 lbs ground beef or turkey
3 tsp minced garlic
1 large Yellow onion diced
2 1/2 cups water
1/2 cup beef broth
1/3 cup olive oil
2 15-ounce cans tomato sauce
2 15-ounce cans diced tomatoes
1 T Italian seasoning
1 T Adobo Seasoning
3 bay leaves
1 T seasoned salt
1/2 T black pepper
2 cups elbow macaroni uncooked
1 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1/2 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- In a large skillet, sauté the ground meat over medium-high heat until it is halfway cooked. Remove from heat.
- Add garlic, onions, and olive oil to the skillet. Continue cooking until the meat is fully cooked.
- Add water, broth, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, bay leaves, seasoned salt, pepper, and adobo seasoning. Mix well.
- Reduce the heat, cover the skillet, and allow it to cook for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the uncooked elbow macaroni, ensuring everything is well combined.
- Cover the skillet once again and let it simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove the bay leaves from the mixture.
- Add cheddar cheese and mix until well combined.
- Just before serving, sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
- Enjoy your delicious goulash!