▢ 4 large chicken breasts boneless skinless ▢ 12 pepperoncini peppers + 1/4 cup juice from the jar ▢ 1 (1 ounce) packet ranch seasoning mix I use Hidden Valley ▢ 1 (1 ounce) packet au jus seasoning ▢ 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick) cut into pieces
- Begin by placing the chicken breasts in your slow cooker. Pour in the pepperoncini juice and then arrange the pepperoncini peppers on and around the chicken. Sprinkle the chicken with the ranch seasoning and au jus seasoning. Place the butter on top of the chicken.
- Cover the slow cooker and set it to cook for 3-4 hours on high heat or 6-8 hours on low heat.
- Once the cooking time is complete, use two forks to shred the chicken. Toss the shredded chicken with the sauce in the slow cooker to coat it evenly.
- Serve and savor the flavors of your deliciously prepared dish.
- For longer cooking times, such as the full 8 hours, consider using boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts, as they tend to retain their moisture better in slow cooking.
- This recipe carries a notable level of saltiness. To manage this, ensure you use unsalted butter and taste the dish before adding any additional salt.
- The recipe was adapted from the Mississippi Pot Roast recipe.
- Please note that nutritional information is provided as an estimate and should be interpreted as such, as ingredient variations can influence accuracy. Salt & Lavender does not guarantee the precision of this information.
Loved this recipe? Share it: