- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 8 sausages (such as cumberland, andouille and bratwurst)
- 2 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 orange bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups tomato, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning salt, to taste black pepper, to taste
Place a cast-iron skillet on medium heat and add the vegetable oil.
Sear the sausages in the skillet until well browned on all sides, approximately 5 minutes.
Remove the browned sausages from the pan and set aside.
To the same skillet add the sliced onions, cook for 5 minutes to soften.
Then add the bell peppers and garlic, cook for 3 minutes.
Stir the chopped tomatoes and Italian seasoning into the skillet and bring to a simmer, reduce the heat to low and season the sauce.
Add the browned sausages back to the skillet and simmer for 20 minutes until the sauce has thickened and the sausages have cooked through.
Serve two sausages per portion alongside the bell peppers, onions and a generous spoonful of sauce.