- 6 large Idaho potatoes or I used smaller yukon gold potatoes but they don’t hold up as well
- Vegetable oil for coating
- 1 stick 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 lb shrimp sauteed and peeled
- 8 ounces grated Cheddar plus more for sprinkling
- 1/4 cup green onion diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminium foil .
- Begin by washing the potatoes, drying them and gently pricking them with a fork on the edges .
- Coat each potato with oil , place on the prepared baking sheet and bake for about 1 hour.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and slice the highest third off of every potato.
- Gently scoop out the potato and place during a large bowl.
- Place the butter within the bowl. employing a mixer on high, mix together, then add the soured cream and green onions and salt and pepper to taste.
- Reserve six whole shrimp and chop the remaining shrimp into large pieces. Fold within the chopped shrimp and cheese into the mixture.
- Gently stuff the mixture back to the potato shells, ensuring to not break them. Pile the mixture as high as you’ll on top of the potato shells.
- Top each potato with an entire shrimp and sprinkle each potato with more cheese.
- Bake within the oven until browned on top, 20 to 25 minutes.