Make Patriotic Fruit Cones in just 15 minutes. Layer berries and yogurt in chocolate-dipped waffle cones, sprinkle with festive sprinkles and add a cookie “straw” for a delightful 4th of July treat.
1 cup White chocolate melting wafers or chips 6 waffle cones ¼ cup red and blue sugar sprinkles 6 vanilla pirouette cream-filled wafers 2 cups white yogurt unflavored or vanilla 1 cup raspberries 1 cup blueberries 1 cup small strawberries
- In a small heat-safe bowl, melt the white melting wafers according to the package directions.
- Dip the top of each cone into the melted white chocolate, covering about an inch. Hold the cone above the bowl to allow any excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl.
- Sprinkle red and blue sprinkles over a small plate and quickly roll the white-covered cone tops in the sprinkles, ensuring they stick. Use a plate to catch any falling sprinkles. Place the cones upright in sturdy cups or bowls to serve as holders. Refrigerate for 10 minutes to allow the white chocolate to harden.
- Once the white chocolate has hardened, layer your choice of fruit and yogurt in the cones, alternating between layers. Finish with fruit on top.
- Serve the fruit cones chilled.
- Fruit and yogurt can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- The chocolate-dipped cones can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 7 days.
- For best results, serve the fruit cones chilled. They can be served at room temperature but avoid leaving them out for more than 30 minutes due to the yogurt.
- Feel free to chop the strawberries to fit more fruit into the cones.