Yes, you’ll absolutely make Chicago style deep dish pizza, right in your house . It’s hard to beat the chewy, crunchy crust and melty cheese beneath the luscious sauce.
- 1 1/4 cups room temp water
- 3 TB melted butter
- 4 TB softened butter
- olive oil
- 3 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 1/4 tsp instant (rapid rise) yeast
- 2 tsp white sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp table salt
For the Sauce:
- 3 TB olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes with juices
- 1/2 tsp white sugar
- 2 TB dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb (4 cups) freshly shredded mozzarella
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage, browned and crumbled
- 4 TB freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Using stand mixer and dough hook, mix flour, cornmeal, yeast, sugar, and salt on low until combined. Add water and three TB melted butter and blend 2 minutes, scraping down bowl as required . Increase speed to medium and knead until dough is glossy and smooth, 4-5 minutes. Pliable dough should shy away from sides of bowl.
- Coat large bowl with vegetable oil and place dough ball in bowl. Turn dough around within the bowl to make sure all sides of dough are protected by oil. Cover bowl tightly with wrapping and let rise at room temp until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
Feel free to play with the toppings, but do make certain to follow instructions for order of topping with regard to cheese vs. sauce.
Prep time already includes time it takes for dough to rise.
More of Delicious Recipes You’ll Love!
Slow Cooker Barbequed Beef Ribs
Southern Strawberry Punch Bowl Cake
Easy Homemade Mac & Cheese Recipe
No Bake Pineapple Cream Dessert
Fried Cabbage with Bacon, Onion, & Garlic Recipe
HAMBURGER STEAK WITH ONIONS AND GRAVY?
Leave a Comment