- 18 ounce fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 boxes puff pastry sheets
Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 ounce cream cheese softened
- 1 egg yolk
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Rinse blueberries and place in a medium saucepan.
- Sprinkle blueberries with sugar, brown sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice and cornstarch.
- Stir and heat over medium heat until blueberries burst and start to thicken. Stir frequently.
- Let cool.
Cream Cheese Filling
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese for 2-3 minutes until smooth.
- Add egg yolk, sugar, vanilla and lemon juice. Beat until well incorporated.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry sheets and place one pastry sheet on the prepared baking sheet(s).*Cutting the puff pastry into the diagonal cuts before adding the fillings might be easier when rolling the pastries into crescents.
- Spread half the cream cheese mixture over puff pastry followed by half the blueberry mixture (might not use all of the cream cheese mixture or blueberry filling).
- Top with remaining puff pastry sheet.
- Make diagonal cuts and roll up like crescents. Repeat with remaining puff pastry sheets.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg and water together.
- Brush with egg wash and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
Please keep in mind that the provided nutritional values are approximate and can vary depending on different brands and modifications made to the recipe. For the most accurate information, it is recommended to use a nutritional calculator with the specific brands and measurements used.
While these delicious treats may get a little messy, the taste is definitely worth it. So go ahead and indulge!
Additionally, it is possible that there will be some extra filling left over, which you can either save for later use or get creative with in other recipes. Enjoy!