- 2 kilos (250 grams each) soft cream cheese
- 40g soft crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) honey
- 1 ml (1/4 teaspoon) ground red pepper (cayenne pepper)
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) toasted chopped nuts
- 10 ml (2 teaspoons) butter
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) crunchy plain panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh chopped parsley
- Assorted crackers, if desired
In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, gorgonzola, honey, red pepper, and salt using an electric mixer on low speed for 1 to 2 minutes or until blended. Add cranberries and walnuts. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, until the texture is firm enough to shape.
Before forming a ball, melt some butter in a 20 cm (8 in) skillet over medium heat. Add breadcrumbs. Cook, stirring, 2 to 3 minutes longer or until golden brown; Transfer to a medium bowl. Leave it to rest for 5 minutes. Add parsley, stirring.
Shape the cheese mixture into a large ball. Roll the ball in the toasted breadcrumbs. Put it on a serving plate. Served with biscuit.